Pain in throat, scratchy, looks like cut in throat, sleeplessness, ear pain. Cure for symptoms?

My throat really hurts me and feels really scratchy. I just looked at it and it is all purple in the back but in the front its more white. There also seems to be some kind of cut or something on my tonsil because its all red like blood. Any ideas? also any suggestions on what i can do so i can get some sleep? I havent been able to sleep because it hurts when i breath with my mouth because of whatever it is i have. Also because of my throat my ears now hurt and feel like they are closed and the back of my head right by my neck hurts a lot too.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013