Pain in the thighs and buttocks after taking cholesterol lowering medication. Have myofascial syndrome, spinal DDD, thyroid problem. Is myositis a side effect?

I have hypercholesterolemia and a cholesterol producer. I have probably been hypothyroid since 2009, but only discovered in 2011. On levothyroxine , the thyroid condition I am sure messes with my digestive systems, nervous system . When my hypo isn t under control my cholesterol is 250 or greater, almost have to be hypert for it to be near 200. Diet isn t changing it, I already have muscle issues. Myofascial syndrome all over, and spinal ddd , cervical and lumbar. Physician pushing for prevastatin use, but made me nauseous at times, and my muscle pain increased substantially. I feel this cholesterol lowering medication doesn t agree with me, and has caused increased thigh and buttocks pain the few times I tried to take it. Is this myositis a common side effect and worth enduring for hi lipid? Cholesterol and boderline HBP only other cardiac risks..
Asked On : Sun, 3 Feb 2013