Pain in the lower neck and shoulders, swollen glands in the throat. History of breast cancer treatment. Worried

hi, I am a 51 year old fairly active woman, residing in North Western Ontario, Canada. Yesterday my lower neck, and the region between my shoulders started to have sudden onset of pain, but only seems to bother me when I take a deep breath or have to cough?? Is more annoying than anything as the pain is sharp and catches me off guard. As it is the easter weekend, I can not contact my family doctor til tuesday, and don t feel it is serious enough to seek attention at the regional hospital. I did undergo breast cancer treatment , surgery, chemo and radiation 2 years ago. Had 27 lymph nodes removed under my left arm. My question is : do we have lymph nodes in the back of our neck, and can they become inflamed. THis pain almost feels like swollen glands in my throat, when I have had tonsillitis , or strep throat . Seems weird. |Thanks for your help. Janet
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013