Pain in the heels. Difficulty in walking. What is the reason and cure?

Hello Doc, I have been suffering from pain in my heels, both feet (more on the left foot ) since past 1 year, The pain is severe once i stand after a long sit/sleep. The moment i put my feet on the ground it pains for a couple of minutes and I cannot walk properly. I hardly wear heels, generally I wear flat shoes. I want to know why does this happen and what is the cure. Whom should i consult for further medications . Regards, Deepika
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013