Pain in the back and lower stomach after a smear test. Could it be due to the bruise to the cervix?

I had a smear test on Tuesday. On Wednesday morning I suffered period like pains in my back & lower stomach . I wondered if this could happen? Also, I came on my period yesterday so wasn t sure if it was just period pains, although I don t really suffer with them! Any advice would be helpful. NHS Direct said its possibly some bruising to my cervix as the nurse did struggle to reach it when doing the test. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013