Pain in ovaries at the time of ovulation, lasts for few days. On mirena. Causes?

I have had the Mirena in for 3 years. Initially I had no problems with it. After about 18 months I started to feel a bit of pain in my ovary areas around the time of ovulation . It would resolve in a few days until the next month. This pain has progressively gotten worse. It usually just lasts for a few days in a month. It is now so painful that I have to lie down or double over to handle the pain. What could be causing this?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013