Pain in lower abdomen,back, cramps, burns while pee. Can there be a cyst?

I am 23 my period is 12 days late(no way I can be pregnant and am always on a 24 day cycle no matter what) I have pain in my lower abdomen on only one side, pain on the same side in my lower back, cramp like feelings like my period is coming and had that feeling for two weeks, it burns when I pee, and my mom had an ovarian cyst the. Size of an tangerine when. She was 24! Is there a chance I could have picked up this genetic thing from her and have an ovarian cyst?
Asked On : Sun, 14 Apr 2013