Pain in foot and big toe bone after using braces for fractured ankle. How to permanently cure it ?

Hi , I Fractured My Ankle About 3 months Ago & my Ankle Is Now Healed But my doctor told me i needed to wear a brace after he resently gave me a boot & so he requested me to wear an orthopedic type of brace which was a sports brace or so the guy who sold it to me said. He said i could continue things like normal and i am a very active person so i needed that sport brace. So i got it and i wore it as soon as i had recieved it. Later on throughout the day i noticed the top of my foot would hurt a tiny bit like around the big toe bone and ran all the way across the side of the foot to about wherethe small toe is. No where near my ankle. And i just thought nothing of it because it was just a slight pain. No big deal. I went for a jog. And at mid jog the pain was increased ad i noticed i started limping. I wanted to just go home and take it off. It created exteme discomfort and this was supposely the right one for me. I took it off and the pain did not go away. Unsatisfied i returned it. Two weeks after not wearing the brace , my foot still hurts really bad in the same place it had when i had the brace on. And now when i stand on my foot for a long period of time it starts hurting really really bad and my veins start to pop up and are really painful & i try to supside the pain with pain medication & putting my leg somewhere elevares so the pain doesnt persist too much and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. I dont know what to do. This pain is not something i would like to live with the rest of my life. Could you please help me dind out a way to permanately get rid of this pain and the veins swelling & hurting? Thank you
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013