Pain in eyes, redness after working in front of monitor for long. No headache

Why do eyes go red and painfull when i work on monitor for long and it also aches. Since last 7 years i have been doing the same work but this thing developed a few days back? No tears but at times watery and no headache and as soon as i go out of the office there is an immediate relief. I reduced brightness of my monitor display and it has given me some relief. But since i am working in stock market there are many colleagues around with their monitors so at times i have to look at them also and then again i develop the redishness and aching.
Asked On : Sun, 23 Dec 2012