Pain in back, legs, feet. Bulging disc with fragment touching nerve. Surgery required?

My son has 2 bluging disc with a very small fragment touching nerve. The pain is gone from his back and down the leg, but the pain in his foot remains like constant electrical shock. The orthopedic doctor says at 21 yrs. old he should just wait. Should he see a Neurosurgeon and in the future if he needs an operation to remove the fragment, would endoscopic discetomy be better than microdiscectomy? The orthopedic doctor says that the laser surgery is not that good
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012