Pain due to cochlear ear implant, facial pain, tingling sensation. Cause of worry?

Hi i have been having my cochlear implant for 13 years now and recently started to get extremely pains in the cochlear inplant area. It started recently. At first i thought it was muscle pain from sleeping on couch wrongly but i have stopped sleeping there a fee weeks ago and the pain started. I can no longer sleep on my cochlear side. Wearing the implant was painful and i reduced the volume and it got a bit better but i am not wearing it now as it hurts. Pain is now pn my right sode face, around cochlear and it feels tight, feels like ants crawling sometimes. Should i be concerned? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 8 Oct 2012