Pain at the back near the kidney area. Starts during urination. What could it be?

I ve recently been having pain on my right side, mostly in the back, sort of kidney area --it starts when I start to urinate and then ends as I m part way done urinating but for a few seconds it is excruciating. I don t have any stinging pain like with a UTI (haven t had a UTI in 15 years but I remember what they re like). It s worse if I really have to go to the bathroom, and had to wait a little too long. Any ideas?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013