Pain and tightness in the ribs. Knot on the neck with stiffness. Cause?

Hi my name is Anna and I am 19 going on 20. I am healthy, do sports and ride horses. I am always some what tight in my neck and shoulders, but my right shoulder and neck tends to give me trouble. Sometimes I can feel it go down my right back and under my right rib for pain and tightness. My friend was massaging my shoulder up near my neck and felt a small soft knot. She was trying to rub it out but it kept moving. It seemed to slid behind by collar bone. My neck felt looser, but now its stiff and sour and tight again. When I rub the tension out it never stays relaxed for long. I don t understand. I stretch , have good posture , eat healthy and drink lots of water. Do you have any idea what is causing this?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013