Child has neck pain and stiffness, ear pain, runny nose. No fever. Need for concern?

hello doctor. my son is 7 years old & woke with neck pain & stiffness this morning. originally complained of ear pain. he had no fever, slight runny nose. a heating pad seemed to relieve it, but shortly after its removed the stiffness returned. now, the pain 7 stiffness are back. i rubbed some menthol on it & felt a small lump on his right side below the ear. i gave him ibupropen & the heat pack. he''s going to sleep. should i be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013