Pain and bruise on the hips. Could this be due to yoga practice?

I have been very active in a yoga practice for the past 8 months. About 6 months ago I began experiencing pain in my hips. I first thought it was an increase in hip opening exercise but the pain has gotten steadily worst and today I noticed a bruise on my right hip just below the buttocks and at the top of the leg. The spot that hurts internally. It does not hurt to press on the bruise like it would if it was the result of a blow to the area.
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013