PCOS, get periods with metformin. Episode of slight bleeding regularly. What could be going on?

I have PCOS . My periods are very few n far between when im not taking my Metformin . Saturday there was very SLIGHT indicator that my period was coming. So i put a tampon in. In the morning it was clean (the tampon). Then Sunday night after my Husband an I had sex there was a lot of blood so i figured it was my period. but im the morning there was nothing on the tampon again. There hasnt been any bleeding since then either. Im not a birth control and we dont use condoms . What do you think could be going on?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013