Open surgery for an inguinal hernia using mesh. Why do am I dizzy and nauseated?

Hi. I am a 44 year old male and had open surgery for an inguinal hernia using mesh 6 days ago. After surgery groin area and scrotum were very swollen. lt felt like some structure was inside the swollen area. When ever I touched the swollen area and particularly the structure I felt underneath, I would become dizzy, and experience severe nausea . An additional note: I had surgery for reflux about 15 years ago, so I cannot vomit . I have been able to urinate and have bowel movements. Each day the pain and swelling seem to get worse. This mornig (about 15 hours ago) my left testicle popped out. It looked like only a very thin layer of skin was holding it in my body. Very painful. It was protruding by it s self. I was able to push it into the swollen area and that aleived some of the pain. Tonight I had to make a bowel movement and the stool was completely black. And the pain has reached almost unbearable proportions. I am scheduled for a followup visit with the surgeon tomorrow at 1:00pm. That is about 14 hours from now. Is this normal? I am in so much pain that I am considering a visit to the ER and probably would if I already didn t have the follow-up appoint in only 14 hours. I really can t stand going to the ER unless I really have to, but this doesn t seem OK.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012