One sided throat pain, headaches, fever, ear pain. Tried salt water gargles. Culture test done. Treatment?

Hi, I wanted to ask about a case that is happening in my throat right now. I have a one sided pain, I have had headaches and I think a fever yesterday. I went to see a doctor today he told me to gargle with salt and water and he took a cultural test. The pain on the one side of my throat I think has elevated to my ear but when I saw the doctor he checked and said my ears were fine. So im waiting for the results that are supposed to be given to in the next 3 days but any idea on what do you think I have and how I can relieve it. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013