On simavastin, lisinopril, lopressor, hands get stiff, treated with heart catheterization. Help?

Hello, Dr. Grief. My Dad is 82 years old. He is taking Simvastatin, Lisinopril , and Lopressor. He complains of occasional hand stiffness when resting. He states he cannot close his hands when this occurs. He also states his hips are painful; whereas before the hips being painful, his legs were painful. In 1990, (3/4)-of his heart was blocked, treated successfully by heart catheterization. My Dad/Mom live in Central New York state; the winter weather is cold , snowy. What could be causing my Dad s occasional hand stiffness and hip stiffness. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 2 Jan 2013