On pill. Having continuous periods, pelvic pain. Blood in urine. Bladder infection?

Dear Doctor, I am 33, have 2 children, and even while on the pill (same pill I ve been on forever because of PCOS ), I began having breakthrough bleeding about 6 months ago. The frequency of bleeding progressed over time to now I bleed every week, with only a few days where I m not bleeding. About a week ago, I also began having pelvic pain and discomfort. This progressed to worsening pain and bloating . Also, intercourse is painful, and began spotting afterwards. Went to doctor and ultrasound was completely normal. The only thing they found was blood in my urine. They said probably a bladder infection , but I have never had a bladder infection without the painful urination and frequent urination. Is that possible? It s just that the abnormal bleeding coupled with the bloating and pelvic pain is concerning to me. Please help me make sense of this! Sincerely, Worried
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013
in your case have to rule out endometriosis.Even ultrasound examination can miss it. For an accurate diagnosis, a direct visual inspection inside of the pelvis and abdomen, as well as tissue biopsy of the implants are necessary.For that you should consult a gyanecologist.diagnostic laparoscopy might be needed.