On paraguard IUD, light and spotty periods, swollen abdomen. Pregnant?

Hi I am a 28 years old. I have 2 children. i got my paraguard IUD put in almost 3 years ago. My periods have always been extremely heavy since having it put in. but the past 2 periods have been pretty light and spotty. I am also concerned cause I have had extremely sharp pains that come and go and my abdomen has been swollen could this be a sign of pregnancy with the iud or could it be that the iud has slipped and gone throug my uterus?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012