On mirena coil. Light periods, brown discharge, goes pink after sex. Can progesterone help me?

Hi I am on my second mirena coil in 3 years, first one removed as I bled constantly for 2 years solid, the latest one seemed to work for 3 months, and now I have had a very light period for 4 weeks, it is a disgusting brown colour, and only after sex does it go pink, then back to brown. I have what looks like dried blood coming out with the discharge (flaky brown bits). Sorry for being so disgusting...but I am so fed up. I have been told that if I top up with progesterone this should help stop the bleeding , is this correct and, if so, how long can I do this for?
Asked On : Wed, 22 Aug 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  112 Awaiting Answer