On medicines for IBS, spotting instead of periods, pregnancy test positive. Could IBS medicine cause false positive?

Hello, I am a worried boyfriend! My girlfriend told me yesterday that she is pregnant even though she is taking the pill . The last time we had sex was on Xmas day, however, I never ejaculated. She has IBS and takes medication for this, she also says she has been spotting but not had what she would call a real period. She said she bought 5 tests kits and did the tests all on the same day and they all gave a positive reading. Do you think having IBS or the medication she is taking could cause a false positive? Regards, David.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013