On hypothyroidism medicines, has severe weight loss, eat lots of food. What could be causing this?

hi I was just wondering if you can give me an idea of a really good medicine or something that I can give my husband so he will start gaining weight again. My husband is 45 yrs old and about a year ago he was diagnosed with hiperthyroidism. He is currently taking medicine, Tapazol and propranolol . Before we found out what was causing his weight loss he went from like 89 kilos down to 67 kilos and has only gained 2 kilos back in over a year and he looks skinnier everyday as if his weight is shifting in his body and he is embarrassed about his appearance. Please help he eats all the time non stop when he isnt at work and doesnt have anything to do and he doesnt have a job where he is physically active a whole lot he is a truck driver but it keeps him busy so he doesnt eat as much but he is out of work several days in a row lately so he is home alot and eats alot and doesnt put any wieght on. Help I really dont like to see him worried about his appearance Thank you so much! Danyell
Asked On : Wed, 26 Sep 2012