On birth control patch. White discharge. Is it normal?

So I don t have my periods very often, but I have recently been on the birth control The Patch This week is my week off I just started my period lastnight but today when I was switching my pad there was a glob of white gooeyness on my pad & then I wiped to clean myself & I got more of it. Should I be worried? Is this normal?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013
Hello ma'am.

The current presentation is normally associated with infections and I would not like to assume it to be nomal.

Which is why I would request you to visit your doctor for a urine analysis and a vaginal swab test to rule out/confirm infections.

Hope this helps.