On birth control, dark brown heavy flow. What does this mean? Is there a chance of pregnancy?

I am not supposed to get my period for 14 days exactly.. I am on birth control and have been for many many years always regularly taking it at the right time of day. This morning I woke up and went to the washroom to notice that I have a heavy flow of dark brown blood ( I can only assume its that) and no cramps or any other signs or symptoms of anything. What does this mean? Is there a chance of pregnancy? I just don t see how since I ve been on the pill for so many years. I m really scared and nervous.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013