On birth control called mercilon to treat irregular period. Have cramps, abdominal and pelvic pain. Suggest?

hi i recently started taking a birth control pill called mercilon prescribed by an obgyn to treat irregularities in my menstrual cycle as well as a benign fibroid tumor . i took the 21 pills and had a 7 day free taking pill. i was suppose to then have my menses and continue the pill again 7 days into my menses. problem is, the pill became unavailable at the pharmacy due to the fact that i am overseas in saudi arabia. they have ordered it but somehow its taking longer than usual. its been 7 days since my period ended.....then i started spotting and minor cramps. now im having severe abdominal and pelvic pain and now bleeding as if i am having a second period. is this the reverse side effect of stopping the pill. is this common? should i be alarm and rush to the er? please do advise! thank you
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013