On birth control. Sexually active, missed pill, spotting, pregnancy test negative. Pregnant? Should i continue pills?

Hi there, i have been on birth control since 2006 (alesse) i have never had issues with spotting before. The past few months I have been very inconsistent with my pills, and have been sexually active. My partner has not ejaculated in me, but we have also not been safe . When missing the pills, I started doubling up for 3 days until the end of my pills (but was already spotting at this time) I have now started my new pack of pills and am still spotting. is there a possibility that i am pregnant? I have been spotting for about a week now. Should I continue taking my pills as normal, or take a break and let my body reset ? I have taken 2 home pregnancy tests and both came out as negative. Any feed back you could provide me with would be appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Jun 2012