On antibiotics for pustular tonsilitis. Sick again after drug effect faded. Drug not strong enough?

Hi i have just been put on an anit biotic for pustualr tonsilitis . As soon as i took the antibiotic i felt relief within a few hours. Now i am sick again. The antibiotic i was given is called suprex and i started it yesterday. I am concerned that possibly this infection is a bit anibiotic resistant because i was on cephlaxin for 7 days before my tonsil became covered entirely with white gunk. Do i need something stronger?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013