On and off stomach pains, increased bowel movements. All reports normal. Could it be IBS ?

HI, my 5 1/2 year old daughter has complained about stomach pain on and off for one year. Within the last 3 weeks there has been a sudden and drastic change in her bowel habits. She has between 9-12 bowel movements in one day. It is not diarrhea . She seems to always feel the need to go to the washroom, even just to urinate a little. Within a 25 minute span, she will use the washroom 6 times. Her doctor isn t sure what it is. She has had ultrasound and urine tests in the past that have come back negative. He will be sending her now for flat plate x-ray , stool and blood work. I m really nervous about this, because his only thoughts are that it could be IBS . I would appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
Asked On : Fri, 22 Mar 2013