On Seaonique, spotting before original periods followed by heavy bleeding. Is this a normal side effect ?

Hello… I have been on Seaonique since February last month. It was my understanding that I would only get a period every three months however I started spotting a few days before my original due date for my monthly and then it became heavy enough that it required me to switch to a regular pad, bleeding has lasted a full week now. Is this a normal side effect? Can I expect this to not happen again? Is it possible that the pill is not strong enough? When I called the doctor she told me she never heard of anyone getting a period and gave me the option to see if I adjust before changing my pill. Can you help? Thanks, AAAAA
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013