On Plaquinil, Diclofenac sodium for seronegative RA, unable to tolerate severe gastroparesis, increased Urea. Can it be reverted ?

hi. i am 48, female, seronegative RA for 18 years, on plaquinil 200mg bd, diclofenac sodium 50mg daily and deltacortil 5 mg daily. had to stop methotrexate few months back due to severe gastroparesis . i was unable to tolerate it,though had taken earlier for many years. yesterday my blood urea came at 8.5mmol/l range is 2.14- 7.5mmol/l. electrolytes and creatinin, albumen, s. cortisol are all normal. its first time it has come this high. whether methotrexate episode is to blame or chronic use of NSAID. I feel fluid retention but no swelling on feet. my question is. can this level of urea be reverted back. i cannot stop taking Nsaid because it helps in passing the day. which NSAID is least damaging to kidneys and fit for longterm use, pl mention generic name as well . thanks
Asked On : Fri, 1 Mar 2013