On Loestrin 30 birth control. What is the broad spectrum meaning of "late" on the pack?

Hey, I am a woman, age 19 on the Loestrin 30 birth control . I have a few questions about it that I haven t been able to find answers to. Firstly, when it says that you have taken your birth control late how late is late? If I take it 2 hours late is it late? Also, though I know I am still protected against pregnancy if I only have one late pill , what if I have several in a cycle? I don t mean missing 2 pills in a row, but simply taking my pill a couple of hours late several times? Will I still be protected the next time I am late? None of this is explained on the packaging. Lastly I have experienced an increase in appetite since I started on the pill 10 days ago, yet I have lost weight. (I am 166 cm and weight 63 kg which is down to 60.5) Is this normal? Thank you for your help
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012