On Estrace 1mg after total hysterectomy, still have hot flashes at night. Increased the dosage. Does it cause weight gain ?

I have been on Estrace 1mg for 2 years after total hysterectomy still having some problems with hotflashes at night My Dr increased my dose to 2mg I am worried re taking higher dose due toside effects especially weight gain? I also have had episodes with hives and have had allergy testing done and Dr said she had othercwoman with hives after menopause ? Is it related Sorry i did not know I needed credit card for answer i will disconnect now
Asked On : Thu, 28 Feb 2013