Oily soft water like stools, occurs suddenly, bloating, abdominal, lower back pain. Causes?

I ve had oily, soft, almost water like stools for about a month. There s really nothing to them, not solid stools, but not a lot comes either. Maybe a tablespoons worth each time. Everytime I sit down to urinate it comes out and I don t even realize it. Also present is terrible bloating and lower abdominal pain on the left and right flank, also in my lower back on both sides. I went to the ER and they ran blood/urine tests and did a CT scan and found nothing wrong.
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Oily stools usually indicate an increased amount of fat in the stool.It could be related to a number of different circumstances such as (1) liver disease (2) gall bladder disease (3) side effect of medication (4) as a complication of conditions that cause poor absorption of fat such as inflammatory bowel disease (5) bacterial overgrowth in the intestine (6) high thyroid hormone levels
The above are only some of the potential causes for oily stool.

You may want to, if possible, visit your doctor who may request a stool sample after taking your history and conducting a general examination.
Further tests and treatment will depend on the results.

I hope this helps