Occasional ear pain, squelching and cracks when I lean forward. Going to travel by air. Will I have problems ?

Hello, about a month ago, I had a constant ear/headache (right side) for about a week which ibuprofen couldn't touch. So I did some hot compresses and after the 3rd one, I had a huge roaring in my ear. Next day, no earache, hooray! But I do still get the earache occasionally (and always when driving up a 1,000' grade) but am mostly troubled by noises - squelching and cracks especially if I lean my head forward - and actually in both ears. Of course, my insurance ended right before this problem started so I'm hoping it'll clear up on its own or with something i can at least try over the counter. I'm not troubled too much by the noises but I have an 11-hour flight coming up mid-May and I'm afraid it may end up being painful. Sorry bout writing a book here but... and thank you so much for listening to me.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013