Numbness in the leg till ankle. Lump formation with bruises appeared. Need to see a neurologist?

I returned from Costa Rica a little more than a month ago, however it wasn't until after my return that I lost feeling in the inner part of my right leg from my ankle up to my knee. A week later a lump appeared, I went and saw a doctor, she said everything looked fine but referred me to a neurologist. My appointment isnt for another 2 months and I have noticed more bruises and SLIGHT very light discoloration on the part of my leg that is numb. The lump seems to either stay the same or maybe even grow. Should I try and find a neurologist who can open an appointment sooner?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013