Numbness in right foot due to twisted ankle, tingling and burning on walking. X-ray needed?

Hello....One morning about 3 weeks ago, I went to jump out of bed, my right foot was asleep and I didn t know it...stepped down on it and went down hard....My ankle had felt like a sprain I nursed it gingerly since then. Yesterday I was walking down stairs and I must have twisted my ankle and now my entire foot feels as if it is tingling and on fire if I try to walk on it? I am assuming that an xray is needed ....your thoughts?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013