Noticed bulging while sex called EMS, pregnant, labia majora engorged. What is it?

Hi, I have been a paramedic for 11 yrs and I just ran a call that I had not seen before. 18 yr/f is 34 weeks pregnant and was having intercourse. During intercourse the patient felt a slight discomfort and upon examining her vagina she noticed something Bulging and called EMS. Upon our arrival (fire department) found patient to have right sided labia majora engorged to the approximate size of a small peach and was filled with air and clear fluid. Patient was not experiencing any further pain. Patient and husband both denied using any type of pump or sexual device. Can you help me with what this may be? Thank you
Asked On : Tue, 15 Jan 2013