Normal and regular periods since implants, prescribed Cerazette course. Would this cause surplus progesterone in the body?

I got the implant in September, and my periods have been pretty much constant (9 days long and every 3 - 5 days) since then. I contacted my GP, and she prescribed me Cerazette to stop the bleeding on a three month course, and after that see if my implant has sorted itself out. Wouldn t this send too much progesterone into my body? I assume this is a tried and tested method but it s not been explained to me very well.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Feb 2013