Necklace wrinkle on front of neck, red in color, blotch. Increased BP medication. Any ideas?

I have a necklace wrinkle on the front of my neck. Last Thursday it appeared red as if someone had taken a scapel and cut it. I saw my internist on Friday regarding my blood pressure increasing. She said she had never heard of that. I was concerned about a possible carotid blockage...she listen and said everything sounded OK.
I have increased my blood pressure medication from 40 Mg - Diovan to 80 to see if we can bring it down. This morning - the red has reappeared in the necklace wrinkle and now there is a blotch about 1" by 1 1/2" near the
collar bone. I am a 74 yr old other issues that I know of. Suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013