Neck pain radiating to right shoulder. Explain diffuse posterior bulge indenting upon thecal sac

Dear Doctors, I request you to forward my report to the right Doctor, since iam confused like whether i need to consult a Physiotherapy or a Neurologist. Please find below my wife s MRI report & advice. She is also getting Fatigue some times, Open MRI Scan C-Spine: Clinical history: Neck pain radiating to right shoulder. No history of trauma. Routine protocol MRI of the ceTVical spine was carried out using a 0.35 Tesla scanner Findings: The alignment of the vertebrae appears to be normal. There is mild straightening ot the normal lordotic curvature. The vertebral bodies do not exhibit any abnormal signal intensity. Mild type II end-plate degenerative changes are seen at the CS-6 level. The C2-3, C3-4 and C4-5 discs do not show any significant bulge. No nerve root compression seen. The C5-6 disc is mildly degenerative; it shows a diffuse posterior bulge indenting upon the thecal sac. No nerve root indentation was seen at this level. The C6-7 disc also shows a diffuse posterior bulge. No nerve root compression seen at this level. The spinal canal dimensions are preserved. The spinal cord shows normal signal intensity. Prevertebral soft tissues are normal. Opinion: • Minor disc bulges at CS-6 and C6-7 levels. No neTVe root compression could be appreciated. • Loss of lordosis due to paraverterbral muscle spasm.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012