MRI of SI joints detected large central protrusion compressing thecal sac, central extrusion compressing nerve roots. Analysis?

Sir, my quarry is, whether my case is operative or not ? sir, here i am quoting my MRI report of SI joints- 1.both SI joints show normal space, with out any evidence of fluid within the joint. 2.there is no evidence of erosion of the subcondral plate. the subcondral marrow is normal & there is no evidence of edema fatty infiltration or sclerosis. 3.the adjacent soft tissues are normal. NOTE IS Made OF: a) large central protrusion (With annular tear) at L4/5 level compressing thecal sac . b) large central extrusion at L5/S1 level compressing bilateral S1 descending nerve roots. IMPRESSION: normal study of SI joints.
Asked On : Fri, 12 Oct 2012