Neck pain, fever. Has mucous in the back of throat. On acetaminophen. Suggestions?

My daughter s neck hurts and she has a fever . She sounds like her throat has mucus in the back of it. This sound has often developed into strep throat . Oddly, she wants me to rub her ride side of her neck and under her armpits. We went to the doctor and Friday and nothing had developed at that time. However, my daughter was complaining about her neck hurting. Her neck has bothered her before and then an infection evolves, just didn t show up Friday at the doctor s office. I will get her in Monday. Since she has a fever we have been giving her acetaminophen as directed.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013