Nausea, stomach upset, abdominal pain, brown discharge since treatment for food poisoning. What does it mean?

Hi ive recently got food poisoning on Friday and spent 48 being sick throwing up I have since got better but since have Been nauseous every time I eat and my stomach is upset constantly and have had abdominal pain today I had a brown discharge and I m not suppose to start my period for another week or two what does this mean?
Asked On : Sat, 15 Dec 2012

Thank you for the query.

Such symptoms can appear due to pregnancy. It should be checked at first. Other possible reasons are severe intestines infection, stomach mucosa inflammation, peptic ulcer, gallstones. It is advisable for you (if pregnancy ruled out) to have abdominal ultrasound, full blood work with liver tests (AST,ALT,GGTP), amylase, bilirubin, urine analysis and stool tests. If no findings, upper GI endoscopy should be done. You should also consult gyneacologyst for transvaginal ultrasound.

Hope this will help.