Nausea, dizziness, imbalance due to head injury behind temples. Treatment?

Yesterday morning, I hit the side of my head, a little bit behind the temple area. It was very important that I go to work, so I toughed it out, but about an hour after hitting my head, I started feeling nauseous and dizzy. I figured I had a minor concussion and tried to take it as easy as possible. I woke up the next morning with the same pain, but I figured nothing crazy had happened so I was probably in the clear and just needed to take it easy. Anyways, it is hard to describe how I am feeling. Tired, dizzy, and nauseous don t seem to fully capture it. It s as if with every step or move I make, I have to wait twenty seconds for to catch my balance and focus (like constant motion sickness ). I still have a headache and deal with pretty persistent dizziness . I don t want to go to the doctor because I am struggling financially and don t think it is much besides a concussion. Will rest do the trick? How long will I be this off balance or unsteady?
Asked On : Thu, 19 Jul 2012