My son has had swelling in the lower chin off and on, please help

Hello! My son has had swelling in the lower chin off and on for a year and a half. After switching him to another dr, it was found(by CT scan) that he has a lytic lesion of the chin bone and a mass right next to it. The dr said that she has never seen anything like it. We are scheduled to go to an ENT specialist on Monday but I am unable to find any research that would give me an insight as to what this could be. Do you have suggestions that I can begin to research?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Mar 2011
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
The lytic lesion of bone with a mass points towards the possibility of some kind of malignancy. It is best to consult a radiotherapist soon to know the diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal