Cut on lower lips, upper teeth bleeding after falling. Chin swollen, Pain in jaw whenever opens mouth. Suggestions?

Hi, My son fell on his chin today. He is 6 yrs/10 months old. I didn t see what happened since it was inside their classroom. He just told me that he was running inside his classroom and then he hit the floor with his chin first. He had a cut on his lower lips and a couple of his upper teeth are bleeding . Although the bleeding is not that serious at all, I am most concerned on a bit of swelling under his right chin. My son also complains that he feels a light pain on his left jaw whenever he opens hi mouth. Regards, MJ
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013

Thank you for the query.

As you are unable to know how strong the injury were, it is advisable to have it clear. The only way to do that is to make some diagnostics as there might be some fractures around his face. That is why you should take your son to the ER and have head CT performed. This will also tell if the brain has no injuries.

Hope this will help.