My newborn baby have a heart murmur. How dangerous it is ?

my newborn baby have a heart murmur the size of a nickle, just wondering how big can his heart be, he is 4 weeks old.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Dec 2009
Heart murmur's are not an object inside the heart, they are a sound heard by a stethoscope that is abnormal. Some heart murmurs are normal and others can indicate a defect of the heart. Ask the doctor who found the murmur as to whether it has the characteristics to possibly be a heart problem. If it does, make an appointment with a Pediatric Cardiologist in your area. I recommend setting an appointment with one at an actual children's hospital. The heart is around the size of their fist.