My mother is suffering with diffuse cerebral atrophy, kindly help

hi im new to the forum i hope ull help me my mother aged 59 is suffering with diffuse cerebral atrophy since one month.her symptoms are severe headache when she sits or stands and shooting pain in the eyes.we have gotdone all the tests where the docters found it was this problem.her MRI test contrast has revealed diffuse cerebral atrophy.she doesnt have memory loss nor recognising problem nor speaking disorder everything was normal except for the severe pain shes undergoing when she sits or stands if shes lying she doesnt have a problem even she has the vomiting problem frequently.shrinkage of the brain has been occured due to her growing age?what r the medicines to be used for reducing her pain of severe headaches and shooting pain in the eyes.can she sit and stand like before or she has to be in sleeping position for the rest of her life.we r very much confused y shes undergoing such pain .can any tablets be given to her for treatment of diffuse cerebral atrophy looking forward for ur help thanking u.
Asked On : Fri, 21 Jan 2011